Okay gang..here’s another one for ya! Some of you have been requesting some drink recipes that help with energy or as a replacement for coffee and I shared a maca hot chocolate earlier this week that is both energizing with maca as well as calming because of the adaptogenic affect.
Hmm..how can they be both? Easy. By balancing out your hormones, and keeping your adrenals in check, it allows your body to do what it is intended to do which is feel energized when you need it and relaxed when you need it.
Today, I wanted to share a recipe for tea drinkers that is super energizing but also helps the body to adapt to stress. We will do this by using Matcha Green Tea.
One of the key components in Matcha is the amino acid L-theanine. I call L-theanine nature’s “valium” as it is very relaxing and you can take it alone when you need some quick anxiety relief. When L-theanine is combined with the natural caffeine in tea, it metabolizes more slowly, releasing the caffeine over a longer period of time. This way, you get a more stable energy boost of about 3-6 hours compared to coffee’s 1-2 hour boost.
We are making it into a latte to provide some healthy fats from the coconut milk, but you can also make matcha green tea as a stand alone.
Try it out and let me know what you think!!
Serves: 1 latte
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Matcha Tea
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup warmed coconut milk
- Couple drops of stevia or monkfruit liquid sweetener or touch of honey
- Spoon the matcha into a large mug. Add the hot water and coconut milk and whisk briskly, in an up and down motion, until frothy - about 30 seconds or so.
- Add a sweetener to your liking. (I added just a bit of honey).