Sauteed Chicken Thighs with Garlic, Red Wine, and Rosemary
Here's another yummy recipe that feeds your whole family, tastes great and is versatile! Vegans can use a high quality tofu, tempeh or homemade vegan cheese.
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or passed through a garlic press
- 1 cup medium body red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes (San Marzano if possible)
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh chopped rosemary or ¾ tsp. dried
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf Italian parsley or 1 Tbsp. dried
Preheat Oven to 350°. In an oven safe sauté pan, on medium heat, put olive oil and chicken in one layer and cook until slightly golden. (Repeat, if necessary). Lower heat and remove chicken from the pan. Add garlic, and cook for 10 seconds. Do not let the garlic burn. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the broth. Simmer for 5 minutes and let the liquid reduce by 1/3.
Return the chicken to the pan, along with any juices. Add the crushed tomatoes, rosemary and parsley.
Place pan in preheated oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes until chicken is done and tender.
Check for seasoning. If you like, add Kosher or Sea Salt, optional.
** Serve the chicken with a nice crisp salad and put the saucy dish over brown rice or quinoa
Compliments of Eileen Forte and Paleo Simplified. www.paleosimplified.com