Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces jarred roasted red peppers in juices
- 30 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, chopped onions, peppers, celery, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes to soften.
Pour the sautéed veggies and the drained kidney beans in a large slow cooker. Place the chicken over the top, then sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, and salt in the slow cooker.
Pour the jarred roasted red peppers and their juices in a blender. Puree until very smooth. Pour the pureed red pepper and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Cover and turn on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
When the chicken is cooked through. Remove it with tongs, and shred the chicken with a fork. Stir the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Serve warm!